Aramark Sports & Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within Aramark Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well-managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve.
We are currently seeking a Director of Operations for the Aramark operation at Pepsi Center in Denver, CO.
- The role of the Director of Operations is to provide overall planning, direction and control of multiple food service units.
- The Director of Operations achieves an efficiently-run component operation by:
- Overseeing the planning, coordination and execution of all building events and working with the sales, culinary and warehouse operations, and accounting departments to ensure event success.
- Coordinating and interfacing the operations, procedures, and processes of the front of house and back of house to align with the goals of the facility and various clients.
- Developing and monitoring realistic and accurate weekly and daily budgets and consistently providing an explanation of variances to meet food cost and labor targets.
- Developing and monitoring operation forecasts, and proactively analyzing variances to ensure that financial performance meets Aramark's and client forecasts.
- Ensuring appropriate inventory levels, equipment maintenance, and sanitation standards.
- Establishing and maintaining effective client relations and customer satisfaction.
- Assisting with identifying the needs of customers and the client; identifying and rectifying operating challenges; and recommending new operations programs.
- Hiring, training, and developing managers and hourly supervisors and employees to meet staffing and planning needs. Performing staff management tasks.
- Promoting good employee relations; engaging in effective labor relations practices; proactively handling labor relations issues.
- Implementing and monitoring Aramark's safety programs.
- Communicating with internal departments and attending or leading meetings as appropriate.
- Interpreting and ensuring compliance with Aramark policies, procedures and guidelines, as well as applicable government, regulatory and/or accrediting agency standards and codes.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of Food & Beverage operations management, preferably in a stadium or arena environment.
- Management experience in a Union Environment preferred.
- Ability to constantly move about a large facility, which could span several hundred thousand feet, to perform work responsibilities, inspections, client tours, and various meetings.
- Ability to constantly identify and rectify hazardous situations in the workplace.
- Ability to occasionally handle and/or transport equipment, objects, and food service machinery from one location to another.
- Ability to consistently communicate, verbally and in writing, with clients, component management and Aramark staff.
- Ability to frequently handle or direct the resolution of managerial matters.
- Ability to constantly respond to changing demands from component management, clients, and guests.
- Ability to constantly interact with the public.
- Ability to frequently work irregular hours, nights, and weekends.