Reports to the General Manager. Train, supervise and work with culinary staff and chefs in order to prepare, cook and present food in its highest quality, creatively to exceed guest satisfaction. Provides support, leadership, motivation, training, coaching, and mentoring to all direct reports.
- Highly qualified leader with 5 years of more in catering and banquet food production.
- Lead cooks for an active restaurant and café.
- Experience in managing hourly staff in a union environment.
- Develops new concepts for catering and culinary offerings.
- Provides leadership and direction within the culinary department
- Mentors, manages, coaches, Culinary and Stewarding Department insuring Food Management Standards, process and controls are met.
- Responsible for menu development and planning, preparation of budgets and maintain food cost and all records
- Makes requisition and purchase of all food products as well as complete food production records and cost menus on a regular basis
- Standardizes production recipes to ensure consistent quality of accepted samples, plans production schedules monthly
- Ensures maintenance of equipment and supervises the production line to ensure portion control, including maximum utilization of employees equipment
- Maintains high standards of quality service and safety to ensure legal compliance as well as customer satisfaction
- Trains culinary staff in the use of products, efficient production practices recipe compliance and safe food handling
- Ensures compliance with Health Department regulations, and to comprehend and execute the HACCP Program and procedures
- Creates a succession plan with development and training plans
- Diagnose P&L shortfalls and opportunities
- Active participant in recruiting and interviewing sessions
- Creates and enacts a detailed action plan for poor performers
- Conducts customer / client presentation and if needed, develops action plans to address gaps
Develops strong relationships with clients and inter-department personnel
Plays a lead role in an introduction of a new program.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position.
- Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings.
- Reports to the General Manger, Must be proficient with Aramark policies and procedures regarding culinary standards, financials, sales, marketing, human resources, business development, contract negotiations and administration. Use Aramark resources whenever possible be educated & supportive with other lines of business. Ability coach for performance and development Front Line Managers; Able to positively communicate with all departments, unions and potential labor agencies for issues that may arise. Must be proficient with the systems/software required to perform the described duties. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Customer Focus; Building Team Spirit; Directing Subordinates; Valuing Diversity; Motivating Subordinates & Others; Planning & Organization; Time Management; Action Orientation; Composure; Integrity and Trust Interpersonal Savvy; Personal Learning; Listening
- HACCP, SERVSAFE, PROCHEF Certified
COMPETENCIES FOR DEVELOPMENT INTO CB 6:Standing Alone; Strategic Agility; Managing Vision & Purpose