About Healthcare Technologies
Aramark’s Healthcare Technologies business is one of the largest independent providers of healthcare technology management solutions in North America, providing tailored solutions for Clinical Equipment Optimization, IT Integration, Capital Planning and more. Through our world class Technology & Innovation Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, we underscore our commitment to providing customers with deep technical expertise and insight-driven innovation. Learn more about us by watching this video and visit us on the web.
Maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Program and HCT business standards. Supervises biomedical technicians, and is responsible for workload management, overseeing shop operations and ensuring timely performance of maintenance activities. As needed, performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of complex biomedical equipment. Position does not have client or financial responsibility at the account.
- Establishes work priorities and provides daily supervision and support to all assigned staff.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service, while interacting effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Administers coaching, delivers performance feedback and issues discipline with guidance and assistance from the Technology Manager.
- Serves as a member or advisor to the hospital’s Risk Management, EOC (Environment of Care) and/or other appropriate committees, as needed.
- Makes critical decisions in absence of the Technology Manager.
- Enforces Aramark and healthcare facility policies and procedures.
- Supervises and occasionally performs installation, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of clinical equipment.
- Supervises the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department.
- Oversees administrative responsibilities of the department, including work order control, maintenance history records, SM and safety inspection requests and repair parts inventory records.
- Provides strong verbal/written communications consistent with assigned tasks.
- Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories and supplies, and ordering of parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of biomedical equipment.
- Investigates safety issues, hazards and equipment incidents.
- Supervises scheduled maintenance and electrical safety inspections. May also perform such duties as needed.
- Communicates the need for proper planning, time utilization, high quality and cost containment.
- Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories, and supplies and the development of detailed purchase specifications.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to BMETs, evaluates skill set and recommends continual training for technicians.
- Provides leadership in the management of major projects.
- Supervises the administrative responsibilities of the department, including work order control, maintenance of history records, PM and safety inspections, purchase requests, repair parts and clinical equipment inventory records.
- Establishes and maintains supporting technical literature.
- Maintains working knowledge of the Computerized Medical Maintenance System (CMMS).
- Executes the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP) on a daily basis.
Deliver Financial Commitments
- Supervises, coordinates and evaluates the work performed by service contractors to include maintenance, calibration, installation and verification of service documentation.
- Supervises and maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation as outlined by current policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates cost-effective decision making skills that are broader based using general policy guidelines.
- Demonstrates initiative and responsibility for planning, time utilization and cost containment.
- Advanced knowledge of CMMS (Computerized Medical Maintenance System).
- Provides alternate solutions to Technology Manager for critical and complex issues. Assists in decision making prior to implementation.