Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Founded in 2008, LifeWorks Restaurant Group creates customized restaurants in office buildings that are unique to each client organization we serve. Our goal is to "Inspire Life at Work" and our chefs are dedicated to the creation of menus that use local ingredients to prepare sustainable, authentic dishes from scratch each day. From the beginning of each client relationship, the team at LifeWorks Restaurant Group establishes a transparency with its partners, from space design and delivery to the marketing of the final, branded product. For more information, please visit: http://lifeworksrestaurants.com
As a LifeWorks Sr. Executive Chef, you will support execution within our restaurants in the Columbus Market, to meet and exceed guest experience, operating and financial goals. You will be a culinary standards-keeper, a coach and mentor, new restaurant opener, and critical to the constant improvement of our culinary team. Key activities of this role include:
You will train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food, select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, plan and price menus, ensures proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensures proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
You may cook selected items, no more than 20% of the time.
Will oversee all special events and catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
The Senior Executive Chef directly supervises kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews and initiating pay increases.
Additionally responsibilities include:
• Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
• Ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to standards based on Business Dining Operation Excellence.
• Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities.
• Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food, select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus.
• Ensure culinary equipment is properly operated and maintained.
• Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
• Assist in supervision of kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, and initiating pay increases.
• Responsible for component menu planning, costing, and brand management.
• Ensure component compliance with sanitation and safety requirements.
• Coordinate activities with other internal departments and participates in management team meetings.
• Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization.
• Ensure standard of 90/10 rule is met in kitchen.