About Healthcare Technologies
Aramark’s Healthcare Technologies business is one of the largest independent providers of healthcare technology management solutions in North America, providing tailored solutions for Clinical Equipment Optimization, IT Integration, Capital Planning and more. Through our world class Technology & Innovation Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, we underscore our commitment to providing customers with deep technical expertise and insight-driven innovation. Learn more about us by watching this video and visit us on the web.
Maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Program and HCT business standards. Performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of complex biomedical equipment. Responsible for all aspects of on-site account management, which may include financial reporting and client relationship at the account. Most often serves as the only technician (sometimes one of two) at the account, and usually is not responsible for supervising others.
- Establishes work priorities and provides daily supervision and support to any other technicians at the account, and administers coaching, delivers performance feedback and issues discipline as appropriate.
- Conducts departmental rounds throughout the medical facility and provides consistent feedback to user departments on the status of repairs and other maintenance activities
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service, while interacting effectively with physicians, nurses, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Conducts cross training in the techniques of testing, calibrating, operating and troubleshooting biomedical systems for less experienced BMET’s, as needed.
- Works with sales and service representatives of biomedical equipment.
- Biomedical representative to the hospital’s Risk Management, EOC (Environment of Care) and/or other appropriate committees, as needed.
- Leads conversations with the client dealing with escalated service events.
- Provides on-site account management, including responsibility for the financials at the account.
- Maintains a working client-relationship at the account.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations and other established policies and procedures, including scheduled maintenance, equipment inspection, repairs, adjustments, calibrations and safety testing of more complex classes of biomedical equipment, including ventilators and anesthesia.
- Assists with the administrative responsibilities of the department, including work order control, maintenance history records, SM and safety inspection requests and repair parts inventory records.
- Possesses knowledge of electrical safety theory, and performs repairs and electrical safety testing on biomedical instrumentation.
- Provides strong verbal/written communications consistent with assigned tasks.
- Establishes and maintains supporting technical literature.
- Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories and supplies, and orders parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of laboratory equipment.
- Uses office automation hardware, software and diagnostic service software appropriate to the equipment being serviced.
- Investigates safety issues, hazards and equipment incidents.
- Develops and maintains a client relationship that fosters business growth, establishes regular communication, and helps drive business outcomes.
- Schedules and documents communication with client on a monthly basis, to include Client Business Reviews (CBR) and Annual Business Reviews, which focus on contract execution and the accomplishments of Aramark.
- Makes decisions based on clear instructions and operational rules and procedures.
- Shows initiative, follows established procedures, and works in a safe manner.
- Documents time and expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prioritizes work load effectively with minimal supervision.
- Adheres to performance metrics of SM completion, call closure, parts returns, ETTR & uptime and others as assigned.
- Supervises, mitigates and maintains quality control of services provided by outside vendors, and obtains service reports in a timely manner.
- Assists in the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulatory agencies, and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that apply to the clinical equipment.
- Establishes equipment performance baselines, including the documentation of inspections and evaluations.
- Interprets test results and makes recommendations to solve performance deficiencies.
- Evaluates new equipment, accessories, and supplies and the development of detailed purchase specifications.
- Executes the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP) on a daily basis.
Deliver Financial Commitments
- Manages Aramark and hospital departmental budgets and financial reporting as assigned.
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation as outlined by current policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates initiative and responsibility for planning, time utilization and cost containment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of accounts payable and budgeting processes.
- Provides alternate solutions to leadership for critical and complex issues. Assists in decision making prior to implementation.
- Maintains line of sight to Outside Purchase Services (OPS) expenditures, and helps to ensure that all OPS activities are closely monitored and controlled.
- Intermediate knowledge of Computerized Medical Maintenance System (CMMS).