About Healthcare Technologies
Aramark’s Healthcare Technologies business is one of the largest independent providers of healthcare technology management solutions in North America, providing tailored solutions for Clinical Equipment Optimization, IT Integration, Capital Planning and more. Through our world class Technology & Innovation Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, we underscore our commitment to providing customers with deep technical expertise and insight-driven innovation. Learn more about us by watching this video and visit us on the web.
Maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Program and HCT business standards. Spends approximately 70% or more of time performing a variety of tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of specialized biomedical equipment in a specialty area, such as anesthesia or sterilizers. Adheres to instructions and corporate policies, and demonstrates professionalism with integrity in all interactions with customers and staff.
- Serves as resource and provides assistance to other staff in areas concerning specialty, including providing training and instruction to others on specialty equipment. Travel across multiple sites may be required.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service, while interacting effectively with physicians, nurses, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Serves as a reference source for clinical engineering and clinical staff with regards to appropriate procedures for the operation and maintenance of clinical equipment.
- Works with sales and service representatives of biomedical equipment.
- Provides alternate solutions for critical issues to higher level for approval prior to implementation.
- Leads conversations with the client dealing with escalated service events.
- Spends 70% or more of time servicing imaging equipment in one or more specialty areas.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations and other established policies and procedures, including scheduled maintenance, equipment inspection, repairs, adjustments, calibrations and safety testing of specialized classes of biomedical equipment, including ventilators and anesthesia.
- Assists with the administrative responsibilities of the department, including work order control, maintenance history records, SM and safety inspection requests and repair parts inventory records.
- Possesses knowledge of electrical safety theory, and performs repairs and electrical safety testing on biomedical instrumentation.
- Provides strong verbal/written communications consistent with assigned tasks.
- Establishes and maintains supporting technical literature.
- Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories and supplies, and orders parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of biomedical equipment.
- Uses office automation hardware, software and diagnostic service software appropriate to the equipment being serviced.
- Investigates safety issues, hazards and equipment incidents.
- Works with key clinical leaders on decisions for complex repairs of high end biomedical equipment.
- Makes decisions based on clear instructions and operational rules and procedures.
- Shows initiative, follows established procedures, and works in a safe manner.
- Documents time and expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prioritizes work load effectively with minimal supervision.
- Adheres to performance metrics of SM completion, call closure, parts returns, ETTR & uptime and others as assigned.
- Supervises, mitigates and maintains quality control of services provided by outside vendors, and obtains service reports in a timely manner.
- Assists in the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulatory agencies, and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that apply to the clinical equipment.
- Establishes equipment performance baselines, including the documentation of inspections and evaluations.
- Interprets test results and makes recommendations to solve performance deficiencies.
Deliver Financial Commitments
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation required by management, as outlined in current policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates initiative and responsibility for planning, time utilization and cost containment.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of accounts payable and budgeting processes.
- Assists in a consultative capacity in the evaluation of purchase specifications for new equipment.
- Provides input for service delivery on equipment supported.
- Maintains line of sight to Outside Purchase Services (OPS) expenditures, and helps to ensure that all OPS activities are closely monitored and controlled.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of new equipment, accessories and supplies in area of specialty, and writes detailed purchase specifications for new equipment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Computerized Medical Maintenance System (CMMS).