About Healthcare Technologies
Aramark’s Healthcare Technologies business is one of the largest independent providers of healthcare technology management solutions in North America, providing tailored solutions for Clinical Equipment Optimization, IT Integration, Capital Planning and more. Through our world class Technology & Innovation Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, we underscore our commitment to providing customers with deep technical expertise and insight-driven innovation. Learn more about us by watching this video and visit us on the web.
Maintains imaging equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Program and HCT business standards. Performs assigned maintenance, installation, repairs, adjustments, troubleshooting, and calibration on a broad range of complex imaging equipment. May participate in the evaluation and selection of new equipment, accessories, and supplies. Coordinates special projects and performs technical tasks. Provides technical guidance to other ISE I or ISE II employees in the department. Adheres to instructions and corporate policies, and demonstrates professionalism with integrity in all interactions with customers and staff.
- Serves as a resource and provides technical guidance, mentoring, and assistance to other employees in the department.
- Conducts departmental rounds throughout the medical facility and provides consistent feedback to user departments on the status of repairs and other maintenance activities.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service, while interacting effectively with physicians, nurses, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Conducts cross training in the techniques of testing, calibrating, operating and troubleshooting biomedical systems for less experienced BMET’s.
- Serves as a reference source for clinical engineering and clinical staff with regards to appropriate procedures for the operation and maintenance of clinical equipment.
- Works with sales and service representatives of biomedical equipment.
- Serves as a member or advisor to the hospital’s Risk Management, EOC (Environment of Care) and/or other appropriate committees, as needed.
- Services as project leader for small technical projects within the hospital.
- Provides technical support (via telephone or on-site) to other engineers.
- Leads conversations with the client dealing with escalated service events.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations and other established policies and procedures, including scheduled maintenance, equipment inspection, repairs, adjustments, calibrations and safety testing of more complex classes of imaging equipment, including CT and MRI.
- Assists with the administrative responsibilities of the department, including work order control, maintenance history records, SM and safety inspection requests and repair parts inventory records.
- Possesses knowledge of electrical safety theory, and performs repairs and electrical safety testing on biomedical instrumentation.
- Provides strong verbal/written communications consistent with assigned tasks.
- Establishes and maintains supporting technical literature.
- Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories and supplies, and orders parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of laboratory equipment.
- Uses office automation hardware, software and diagnostic service software appropriate to the equipment being serviced.
- Services networked equipment, such as DICOM and PACS, and troubleshoots the root cause of problems.
- Investigates safety issues, hazards and equipment incidents.
- Makes decisions based on clear instructions and operational rules and procedures.
- Shows initiative, follows established procedures, and works in a safe manner.
- Documents time and expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prioritizes work load effectively with minimal supervision.
- Adheres to performance metrics of SM completion, call closure, parts returns, ETTR & uptime and others as assigned.
- Supervises, mitigates and maintains quality control of services provided by outside vendors, and obtains service reports in a timely manner.
- Assists in the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulatory agencies, and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that apply to the clinical equipment.
- Establishes equipment performance baselines, including the documentation of inspections and evaluations.
- Interprets test results and makes recommendations to solve performance deficiencies.
Deliver Financial Commitments
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation required by management, as outlined in current policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates initiative and responsibility for planning, time utilization and cost containment.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of accounts payable and budgeting processes.
- Assists in a consultative capacity in the evaluation of purchase specifications for new equipment.
- Provides input for service delivery on equipment supported.
- Maintains line of sight to Outside Purchase Services (OPS) expenditures, and helps to ensure that all OPS activities are closely monitored and controlled.
- Intermediate knowledge of Computerized Medical Maintenance System (CMMS).