Aramark is searching for a Senior Safety & Risk Manager for our automotive client (GM) located in Michigan. The successful candidate must be able to build solid internal relationships with local Operations Team in efforts to gain support for safety programs. Candidate must also have previous relevant work experience.
The Senior Safety Manager trains Aramark Directors, Managers and Supervisors to investigate safety incidents and events, perform root cause analyses, and devises permanent corrective action plans for Safety Incident Reports. This manager oversees the preparation of these reports and monitors implementation of corrective action plans.
Will comply with safety budgets and tracks expenditures and variances, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to continuously improve Safety, Quality, Cost, Responsiveness, People and Environment (SQCRPE).
- Uphold Aramark’s policies, procedures and Service Agreement with GM to allow customers and tenants to focus on their core business. Take ownership of facilities, infrastructure and grounds, and drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance facility performance, operating effectiveness and cost efficiency.
- Research site-wide safety incident history for facility operations staff and contractors, and facility-related incidents and injuries to the site’s general population. Engage Facility Director, GM FAM, safety management, UAW and others to develop local level goals and objectives into an annual plan to eliminate hazards, reduce risks, and improve safety compliance and consciousness.
- Develop timelines and guide cross functional teams to manage and implement the Aramark Safety Programs. Communicate status of goals, plans and programs to all levels of the local organization.
- Participate in setting standards for engineering controls, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment (PPE) and administer training and enforce compliance for all employees.
- Engage with Managers and Supervisors to conduct daily safety talks, observe and correct non-compliances (especially with PPE), eliminate hazards to passers-by, prioritize work area safety and clean-up.
- Prioritize hazardous operations and engage with Managers, Supervisors, Work Zone Schedulers, Capacity Assurance Coordinators and others to review pre-task safety plans (in Maximo) and work area compliance.
- Review contractors’ safety histories (EMR), plans, training and records, inspect/tour for compliance, verify insurance coverage and timely renewals. Where necessary, align Aramark’s safety resources to either abet contractors’ genuine improvement initiatives, or replace them with proven performers.
- Attend safety meetings on request, and support remedial action plans or progressive discipline for safety violations, up to and including termination.
- Compile daily, weekly, monthly and YTD safety reports. Track Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety incidents (near-miss, recordable, lost-time), evaluate trends, conditions and opportunities and initiate process improvements by staff and contractor