Assists the FOM Director in achieving departmental goals by coordinating department training activities with Hospital, contractor and FOM personnel. Coordinates department technical and professional development training including planning, scheduling, tracking and evaluation of training activities. Oversees Department personnel qualification programs including content, administration, implementation and assessment. Develops and revises policies and procedures to effectively and safely control the conduct of operations and maintenance activities in the facility. Conducts safety audits and work observations to assess the technical, operational and administrative performance of the department employees, and initiates and tracks the implementation of corrective actions as necessary either in related policies and or in the CMMS system. Maintains the FOM Technical Library including drawings, manuals and video inventory. Promotes a work environment that is conducive to excellence, professionalism, and teamwork at all levels. Assists the FOM Director in planning departmental goals, objectives and budgets. Coordinate with the St. Jude Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Department. Performs other duties as required to achieve the Department’s mission.
Employee Training, Qualification, Safety, and Professional Development:
- Develops, administers and oversees department training and qualification programs to ensure FOM personnel are formally and effectively trained on all department policies and procedures.
- Develops, administers and oversees the program to ensure personnel will be properly licensed as appropriate for new or vacant positions (Plumber, Electrician, HVAC, Shift Engineer, etc.). This program will be for developing personnel to a higher level of knowledge and capability to move up in job positions and professional capabilities.
- Coordinates the delivery of technical training to department personnel to ensure they are technically qualified to perform their respective operations and maintenance duties.
- Coordinates the delivery of professional development training to managers, supervisors and shop leads to facilitate their professional growth and maximize their leadership and supervisory effectiveness.
- Coordinates with other Hospital departments to deliver mandatory annual training to Hospital employees in an efficient and effective manner.
- Responsible for FOM department training and travel plans and budgets.
- Evaluates the quality of work by the FOM departmental employees and makes corrections as necessary to the related policies and procedures or within the CMMS system. Researches and evaluates external training events and acts to ensure training plans includes only high-quality events to maximize training value.
- Ensures consistency across the department in the level of knowledge, operational competence, and sharing of best practices required of maintenance personnel.
- Constantly evaluates department weaknesses and proactively develops plans to address identified training needs.
- Assist with interviews and screening applicants for employment. Evaluates work history, education, communication skills and qualifications of potential employees.
- Coordinates development and revision of department policies and procedures, including Maintenance, Safety, Quality and Training
- Coordinates with other Hospital departments to implement and oversee the application of policies and procedures affecting personnel in other departments.
- Ensures that FOM personnel understand and follow all requirements of FOM department policies and procedures, placing emphasis on compliance with conduct of operations requirements.
- Conducts quality and safety audits to assess the administrative and safety performance of the department. Initiates and tracks implementation of corrective actions, as needed.
- Responsible for FOM Technical Library (both physical and digital) including the Operations & Maintenance manual inventory and control systems drawings.
- Meets with the FOM Director and other Managers to discuss the status of the facilities, work and abnormal conditions, and assist in the execution of the Plan of the Day.
- Provides technical support for Facility and Central Energy Plant system/equipment operation and maintenance.
- Continuously seeks ways to improve the administrative performance of the department.
Oversight of Operations and Maintenance Activities:
- Conducts audits and monitors to ensure conduct of operational standards are met, and that operations and maintenance activities are conducted in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulatory and safety requirements. Audit of Lockout/Tagout, Confines spaces, Hazardous Material inventories, Fall Protection equipment/ladders, equipment guarding to be performed at least annually.
- Stops work when unsafe conditions are detected and notifies the appropriate Facilities Operations and Maintenance Manager and Director as soon as possible following any stop-work order.
- Provides administrative oversight of preventive and corrective maintenance tasks and takes appropriate action to remedy identified deficiencies.
- Periodically inspects operations and maintenance logs and records to ensure they are properly maintained. Initiates and tracks implementation of corrective actions, as needed.
- Coordinates activities with the St. Jude Environmental Health and Safety Department.
- Periodically evaluates Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) effectiveness. Conducts audits and reviews to ensure maintenance requirements are properly entered and scheduled in the CMMS, and that the CMMS is being utilized to its full potential.
- Assist with investigations to determine root causes and corrective actions following significant events involving FOM department personnel.
- Proactively strives to improve facility safety performance.
Maintains a courteous, positive, responsive attitude during interactions with patients, visitors and SJCRH personnel. Actively demonstrates a positive customer service philosophy always.