The Regional Executive Chef for Sports & Entertainment west region will assume the senior culinary leadership position to the west region and will lead as a strategic partner to the regional team, in implementing and executing programs that are aligned with the S&E, GOE and regional business initiatives. This position reports centrally to the Vice President of Food & Beverage and Operational Excellence S&E, however will act locally with a dotted line to the S&E Regional Vice President West.
In addition to the central region responsibility the REC West will be responsible for developing and driving one centrally led imitative across the S&E portfolio. Examples may include standardized menus, productivity initiatives around food and labor or innovation development within F&B.
The REC will be responsible for the following:
Growing the Top Line:
- Work with Regional Vice President Central, Director F&B SLC, DM, GM, Consumer Engagement and team to establish LOB development goals, brand roll out targets and design implementation plan utilizing internal/external resources to accomplish stated goals and objectives.
- Develop and or enhance LOB/national and regional concepts in partnership with senior leadership and operational team including Regional Vice President Central, VP Operational Excellence, DM, GM etc.
- Assist the Business Development team in the development of sales proposals and presentations.
- Assist in strategic planning to retain at risk accounts.
- Consult with I&A, ARAMARK Innovation Center (AIC) when applicable in the creation and development of on trend food concepts.
- Partnership with I&A team, AIC, Regional Vice President Central, VP Operational Excellence, DM, GM etc.to organize and implement concepts throughout LOB operations.
- Assist operational team as needed in organizing an operational plan for special or high profile events support menu development, culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques.
Capturing Productivity for Growth:
- Primary liaison between Sports & Entertainment business unit and our culinary teams focused on driving key initiatives in cost and productivity, compliance and standards within the following areas:
- Food management process: master the menu, perfect purchasing, power up production and wipe out waste
- Labor management process: smart scheduling, handle on headcount, wages that work and tackle turnover
- Support all food and labor (with respect to culinary areas) related standardization and compliance initiatives from the GOE
- Ensures proper workplace safety, food safety; HACCP and sanitation programs are in place and are regularly monitored across LOB.
- Drive the culinary implementation, training, monitoring/measuring and progress communication of the Sports & Entertainment Executional Excellence platform(s).
- Drive the execution, management and communication of specified product and authorized vendor compliance.
- Collaborate with the field and other business units to ensure best practices are identified and implemented.
- Partner with Chefs and GM’s to develop, review and approve concession and premium Food and Beverage menus based on menu schedule cycle
Leading Our People:
- Responsible for culinary and talent development at the Executive Chef and District Chef level.
- The REC Central supports the hiring process and development of the Executive and District Chefs.
- Partner with the Executive and District Chefs performance management process, performance objectives and the quarterly talent review development and assessment for the chef’s respective teams.
- Assume oversight for the development and execution of targeted culinary programs, events, reward and recognition programs.
- Support culinary skills training programs.
- Support culinary team and bench strength development initiative.
Delivering Financial Commitments:
- Drive growth and productivity initiatives as they align to the S&E and S&E central financial commitments.
- Possess the culinary technical skills indicative of a senior leader of a multi-million dollar F&B leader.
- Possess strong analytical and quantitative skills as it relates to managing food and labor to financial commitments.
- Possess strong accounting fundamentals and controls.
- Possess proven track record in managing down food and labor cost while exceeding quality and presentation objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to create profitable menus grounded in insights and analytics.
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend and understand the different aspects and layers of our business which would include high volume concessions, restaurants, premium services, catering, suites, sales and convention center catering.
- Demonstrate the ability to think through and strip apart the different layers of food and labor productivity within the dynamic layers of the S&E business.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the dynamics of multi-unit and multi-business operations.
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude for leadership, communication skills, personnel development and training.
- Exhibit an aptitude and track record of being able to influence others without formal authority.
- Have an understanding of corporate hierarchy and corporate support divisions and working in matrix environment.
- Be willing to travel up to 60% of the time.
- Project a high level of maturity and leadership skills.
- Manage projects to meet objective, budget and timeline goals.