Aramark Business & Industry Facility Services is part of Aramark's $2 Billion Global Facilities Business representing a client portfolio of 16,000 facilities and two billion square feet. Every day we provide workplace, facility, and business support service solutions to a client base encompassing a wide range of environments including but not limited to automotive, life sciences, technology, industrial, manufacturing, and corporate campuses. We are uniquely positioned to integrate a variety of diverse business support functions into a single solution set we often self perform. Our B&I FS solution sets are process based, metric driven and integrates technology to manage and report outcome based performance.
Aramark B&I Logistics Services division has an immediate need for an Assistant General Manager at our location. Please be advised, this is a rotating shift position with scheduling on certain nights and weekends.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Commissary by effectively managing Warehouse Operations Managers, Warehouse Supervisors, Leads, Drivers and Warehouse Workers. As a senior leader in the operations function, implements and drives strategies to achieve Company and client objectives.
- Coaches, trains and develops warehouse managers to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of performance. Leads Recognition and Safety culture and utilizes operations leadership skills to enhance client partnerships. Troubleshoots and resolves safety, service and other operational problems in collaboration with warehouse and administrative functions.
- Responsible for managing Warehouse Operations Managers and staff to ensure operational excellence in all warehouse/commissary areas, efficient operations of warehouse inventory management system (WIMS) and related equipment; inventory is received and issued appropriately and efficiently and safely processed in accordance with all established business process compliance SOPs.
- Assists GM with the evaluation of the effectiveness of and recommends alternatives for work methods, procedures, controls and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement and processing of product; manage to ensure warehouse layout is optimally aligned for maximum efficiency.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and counseling of Warehouse staff to provide ongoing support and development. Leverages leadership skills to set goals for front line teams and provides regular performance feedback utilizing all management resources available to include work-with observations.
- Ensures daily operations are maintained as scheduled. Ensure all business records, documentation and administrative standards are maintained as required to include personnel records, train deliveries, product and asset inventories, DOT requirements. Directly responsible for labor management of their team to include schedule adherence (Kronos), overtime management and wage & hour compliance.
- Models, leads and inspires safety leadership, and all key initiatives relating to our core values, to create a positive Commissary work environment. Owns and fosters effective communication at all levels of the organization.
- Assists GM with operational, people, process and service related objectives to drive continuous improvement and efficiency; leads managers to anticipate and solve problems and plan for upcoming events, seasonal changes, etc.
- Coaches, trains, and develops warehouse managers informally and through formal training programs, providing both informal (e.g. on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g. written evaluation) job performance based feedback. Ensures compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreement, Disciplinary Guidelines/Work Rules and Attendance Policy.
- Fosters a culture of safety first throughout the organization by following Aramark safety commitment, policies and procedures. Monitors safety, physical security and operational metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Helps prepare, develop and execute action plans on FDA, Business Process Compliance and Wage and Hour Audits.
- Liaison with client and local operations councils and workgroups.
- Maintains compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulation that affect Commissary operations. Comply with Federal Regulations and Company safety policies and practices to promote safety awareness in the Commissary.
- Maintains compliance with Safety Plan including safety observations, incident investigations, 5 Whys/root cause analysis, 6S, safety committee meetings and action items.
- Manages Warehouse Management and other Supervisory staff; oversees the development and administration of training and development programs.
- Promotes the Encore! Encore! employee recognition program and weekly managers meeting.
- Assuring that all Company, Operating, Administrative and Business Conduct Policies, and normal business ethical standards, including client’s Code of Conduct, are closely followed by all employees within their Commissary.
- Supports the accurate administration of the payroll, human resources, and operations reports as necessary and as directed by GM.
- Manages the administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, shift and vacation bids.
- Provides oversight support of administrative staff and WIMS data entry process.