As the , AVP, Food & Retail Productivity you will lead all operational productivity performance expectations as a strategic partner to the Corrections line of business team, in implementing and executing programs that are aligned with Corrections and Global OpX initiatives. This position reports directly to the LOB President, and is responsible for food and labor performance in both inmate/staff meal programs, as well as all retail programs within the LOB – including Commissary & web-based ordering platforms.
The AVP of Productivity will partner with all other functional leaders within the LOB in supporting sales/growth opportunities, mobilizing new business acquisitions, training and development of employees, and achieving food and labor performance through LOB and enterprise-led initiatives. Examples may include standardizing menus, and productivity initiatives around food and labor or innovation development within Food and Retail platforms.
Growing the Top Line:
- Partner with VPs of Sales and Marketing to establish LOB development goals, brand roll out targets and design, implementation plan utilizing internal/external resources to accomplish stated goals and objectives.
- Develop and/or enhance LOB concepts in partnership with senior leadership and operational team, including Regional Vice Presidents, Finance Directors, and functional leads.
- Assist the Business Development & Marketing teams in the development of sales proposals and presentations. Provides leadership for the nutrition-related areas of sales opportunities. Participates in large or complex surveys, bidder’s conferences, and sales presentations. Customizes food and retail programs based on specifications and unique client needs. Ensures accurate product and labor cost data for all of types of programs required for each bid are applied by support team. Supports the development of all required nutrition related proposal information. Reviews the proforma for accuracy.
- Assist in strategic planning to retain at risk accounts.
- Consult with Menu/Retail Team, RVPs, Supply Chain Management, & Marketing teams when applicable in the creation and development of trend food & retail concepts.
- Partnership with Regional Vice President, VP/Director Operational Excellence, DM, GM etc.to organize and implement concepts throughout LOB operations.
- Assist operational team as needed in organizing an operational plan for supporting menu development, operational instruction and/or demonstrate operational techniques.
- Primary liaison between Global OpX & LOB/Regions, including the Region operational teams, focused on driving key initiatives in cost and productivity, compliance and standards within the following areas:
- Food management process: master the menu, perfect purchasing, power up production and wipe out waste.
- Labor management process: smart scheduling, handle on headcount, wages that work and tackle turnover.
- Support all food and labor related standardization and compliance initiatives from the GOE
- Achieve plan targets in both COGS, Labor % Revenue, and NVDs
- Partner with Global OpX by attending quarterly meetings and other strategy sessions, ensuring enterprise initiatives meet the needs of the LOB.
- Reviews operational account compliance with LOB standards and programs, including product and labor cost targets and execution. Provides strategic and tactical input to operational leadership team to improve short and long term performance. Works in conjunction with Region Senior teams and District Managers for adherence to productivity metric targets.
- Ensures proper workplace safety, food safety; HACCP and sanitation programs are in place and are regularly monitored across LOB.
- Drive the implementation, training, monitoring/measuring and progress communication of the Executional Excellence platform(s).
- Drive the execution, management and communication of specified product and authorized vendor compliance.
- Collaborate with the field and other business units to ensure best practices are identified and implemented.
- Partner with Menu/Retail Directors, Marketing, and LOB/Regional teams to develop, review and approve Food and Retail menus to achieve nutritional and customer satisfaction levels.
- Develops a strong level of trust and credibility with clients regarding the technical competency within the LOB programs. Ensures that clients are aware of current applicable nutrition-related regulations, industry trends and provides assistance in client communications as needed.
Leading Our People:
- Lead a team of Food, Labor, & Retail support staff, including regional nutrition specialists/ registered dietitians, food and retail operations support managers, and Labor OpX Director
- Responsible for supporting all LOB functional and operations teams.
- Lead performance management process, performance objectives and the quarterly talent review development and assessment.
- Assume oversight for the development and execution of targeted programs.
- Lead and ensure consistency in operational skills training programs.
- Support the development of Food & Retail Productivity team members.
- Provides leadership within the LOB/Regions to support the execution of ACS operational standards through development of tools and training. As needed, will be expected to trouble shoot for large or complex facilities for adherence to standards
Delivering Financial Commitments:
- Drive growth and productivity initiatives as they align to the LOB/Regional financial commitments.
- Provides leadership for the LOB/Region related to Supply Chain Management (SCM). Acts as the liaison to the field operators and SCM for procurement and distribution. Supports the execution of processes to ensure compliance with purchasing programs. Assists in the testing of products and input as needed to determine appropriate product usage for the LOB.
- Partner with FP&A Director in budget process, as well as reviewing monthly performance results to align on strategy to maintain/improve financial efficiencies as appropriate.
- Maintain internal strategy to ensure budgeted labor, T&E, and other expenses meet monthly/annual budget, while delivering expected support commitments to the region teams.