The Walter E. Washington Convention Center, an extraordinary 2.3 million-square-foot conventions and meetings facility, is equipped to handle events of all sizes, from small groups and break-out meetings to events for 500 to 42,000 attendees. One of the most energy-efficient buildings for its size, the Convention Center includes a range of mixed-use exhibit spaces, 198,000 square feet of flexible meeting space with a total of 77 break-out rooms and the largest ballroom in the region. Whatever the size of the event, the service of the Convention Center staff is unparalleled.
We are currently seeking a Chef de Cuisine for the Aramark operations at Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
- Oversees and manages culinary team to meet production, presentation, and service excellence standards.
- Responsible for developing and executing culinary solutions to meet guest needs and tastes.
- Applies culinary techniques to food preparation and manages the final presentation and service of food.
- Oversees the food operation within the location.
- Manages the performance, attendance, customer service, appearance and conduct of the culinary team.
- Work with human resources to recruit and onboard culinary staff.
- Focuses on culinary excellence, innovation and the experience for the customer in order to support operational excellence.
- Coach associates by creating shared understanding about what to be achieve and how it is to be achieved.
- Implement and monitor menu and inventory management system including, but not limited to: ensuring cost control and mitigation of loss prevention, completion of weekly inventory audits; maintenance of appropriate inventory levels based on menu needs, etc.
- Be a leader in ensuring excellent quality and presentation of all food to the guests by offering sustainable, responsibly sourced and nutritionally balanced options.
- Develop and implement relevant culinary trainings to increase knowledge and ability of culinary staff.
- Assist with the development and management of the annual operational budget which includes, the estimation and management of food and labor cost goals.
- Maintains food cost at reasonable levels without affecting quality of set standards.
- Monitor and direct the culinary brigade to ensure that recipes and portion standards are followed, and any adjustments made, adhere to Aramark standards according to the QA process.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food.
- Select and develop recipes as well as standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus;
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensures proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Full compliance with Operational Excellence fundamentals: managing waste, Pantry list, the recipe collection and ingredients through managing guest driven menus and labor standards.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Ensure compliance with Aramark SAFE food, occupational, and environmental safety polices in all culinary and kitchen operations.
- Participates in service education through daily pre-shift huddles, menu meetings, and new associate training programs.