Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Responsible for booking and soliciting business to professional meeting planners for meetings, conferences, training events, and seminars.
• Pursues new and existing accounts while maximizing the banquet space to meet/ exceed revenue goals, including telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections, networking, maintenance of guest data base, and written communication.
• Respond to all inquiries in a prompt and professional manner.
• Review competition constantly for leads and ideas.
• Consistently "ask for the business" rather than simply creating awareness. Be a closer.
• Work from a solicitation plan weekly, and a systematic account coverage plan.
• Critique and build upon successes, let go of non-producing leads.
• Responsible for maintaining the financial goals of the Mission Bay Conference Center through the use of timely, accurate and binding client contract negotiations. Works directly with guests in all manners of contractual negotiations and actively participates in catering sales presentations, property tours, and guest or client meetings as required.
• Maintain clear, concise and up – to – date records in the catering booking system and in guest files.
• Compile data and provide input for the creation of annual and quarterly sales goals and monitor achievement.
• Responsible for ongoing and open communication within the sales department as well as with Senior Management and departmental peers throughout the operation.
• Assist the sales administrative support staff with operations tasks such as answering telephones, photocopying, and maintaining sales files. Assist with other duties as assigned by the Director of Catering Sales, such as attending meetings, producing sales plans and reports and any additional projects that are required.
• Develop and continually enhance relationships with past guests and key accounts to ensure repeat bookings.
• Attend networking meetings such as MPI, trade shows, community events and trainings to expand the Conference Center’s visibility and awareness in the Meeting Event Industry and to our San Francisco Bay Area meeting planning colleagues
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
• Reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
• Works independent of direct supervision, but receives general guidance from the Director.
• The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and responsibilities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, hospitality skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
• A thorough knowledge of practices and procedures of the catering, food and beverage, and hospitality professions
• Strong familiarity with local corporate business and with the SMERF market segment.
• The ability to professionally represent the location at community and industry organizations and events as well as at in-house or client events.
• The ability to negotiate with, influence and sell to professionals and/or prospective guests.
• Exhibit a positive, proactive and enthusiastic attitude and demeanor in striving to meet the Mission Bay Conference Center’s business and service goals and objectives.
• Recognizes the importance of meeting deadlines as set forth by senior management in pursuit of larger goals and objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
A four-year college degree preferred or any combination of education and training within hotel sales may also be considered.
• 5 years sales experience in sales, group catering events or like employment.
• Effective planning, organizing, prioritizing and time management skills.
• Knowledge of and experience with selling, planning and executing special events is required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to create, negotiate and defend business proposals and contracts.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals & objectives
• P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
• Possess good general business and prospecting acumen.
• Ability to work 50 per week, including occasional evenings and weekends.