Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: Responsible for the supervision, training, and management of the food service operation. Ensure that appropriate quantities of food are prepared and served.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Supervise and execute daily catering events.
• Schedule includes early mornings, nights weekends and holidays and is based on catering events.
• Liaison between sales team and catering client.
• Schedule and order inventory for Beverage Program.
• Maintain knowledge of daily caterings and see they are prepared and delivered on time.
• Produce and maintain work schedules.
• Ensure that food items are stored in a safe, organized, and hazard-free environment.
• Maintain all serving schedules; ensure that all food items are served per menu specifications in a safe and appropriate manner according to departmental policies and procedures.
• Maintain a sanitary department following health and safety codes and regulations.
• Maintain accurate inventory on a weekly basis according to departmental policies and procedures.
• Must be knowledgeable in operating an efficient cost effective program.
• Supervise and evaluate employees; counsel; promote employee growth, efficiency, morale, and teamwork.
• Maintain a safe and hazard-free working environment.
• Train/mentor other catering workers.
• Perform preventative maintenance checklist.
• Justify replacement of existing catering equipment to meet needs of facility.
• Proficiency in multi-tasking.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Catering Director whenever his/her skill and/or experience would be necessary to initiate, coordinate, or complete any given program.
• Must fill in for absent employees at location as necessary.
• Attend food service meetings with staff.
• Maintain communication with staff (including the central office staff, e-mail, phone calls, inter-office mail, etc.).
• May perform cashier duties as required.
• Promote good public relations.
• Other duties as assigned.