Responsible for all food production in all areas of food service. Assist with developing menus, determining food purchase specifications and creating recipes. Staff supervision. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the proper maintenance and operation of kitchen equipment and ensure all aramark occupational and food safety standards are in place and adhered to. The Chef d ’cuisine supervises kitchen personnel and supports the Executive Chef with the hiring, discipline, training and coaching; communicating values, strategies and objectives; assigning accountabilities: planning, monitoring and appraising job results; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities and performance reviews of all kitchen personnel. The Chef s’ cuisine is required to support and assist with the implementation of food and beverage initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Assists with developing menus for all assigned food outlets.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that Aramark standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with the Executive Chef about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of guests and clients.
- In conjunction with food and management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with Aramark standards.
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining areas to ensure all standards of quality are met and maintained.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Involvement with local and national Marketing programs.
- Assist in development and implementation of new programs.
- Optimizes food cost, labor cost and top line growth.
- Assists with the implementation of culinary skills training programs.
- Assists in the development and execution of targeted culinary programs.
- Responsible for the execution of aramark and component recognition and reward programs.
- Assist in recruiting staff – utilizing regional chef schools, trade schools and local job fairs.
- Develop hourly staff.
- Leadership development of sous chefs, kitchen managers, cooks and utility personnel.
- Assist with interviewing, selecting, training, supervising, counseling and the discipline of employees in the department.
- Assist in providing, developing, training, and maintaining a professional work force.
- Ensure all services are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, clients, management, coworkers, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Participate as a culinary resource on regional culinary support teams.
- Participate in regional marketing and field presentations showcasing training capabilities/programs and culinary capabilities.
- Assist sales effort through client interaction and personalized menu development.
- Assist the sales and marketing teams in strategic planning in development of food and beverage programs.
- Organize and maintain paperwork as required.
- Ability to develop regional menus that represents and utilizes local ingredients as well as regional historic cooking techniques