As a Conference Planning Service Specialist, you will coordinate the activities of staff and conference personnel to make arrangements for group meetings and conferences. Coaches the client by providing information and suggestions pertaining to conferences. Disseminates appropriate information to the operational departments. Acts as liaison between the client and the operation in order to meet client's needs and expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives upcoming meetings through direct contact with clients and requests from property management system.
- Contacts client to discuss all logistical details of conference.
- Provides client with all necessary information and details regarding their visits (audio visual, set up, food & beverage, information brochures, etc.)
- Assists client with and any special need/request by making arrangements with vendors. (Flowers, decorations, off-site dinners, etc.)
- Coaches client through the different planning phases to obtain necessary information in a timely manner.
- Relays all conference details to necessary departments: outside caterers, Transportation forms, BEOs, Set-up sheets, Special needs, etc.
- Creates a "resume" for the conference including all necessary information.
- Distributes and discusses group resume in weekly information meeting.
- Remains available and approachable throughout all planning phases to handle all questions and/or changes from the client.
- At onset of conference, meets with client (if available) and checks meeting and function space to make sure client's needs have been met.
- At the end of conference, follows-up with client to maintain good-will and generate future business.
- Sets up debriefing meeting with client to discuss the both positive and negative aspects of the conference.
- Maintain organized, legible and coherent customer files for every group, including copies of all correspondence, pricing, financial documents, function sheets and all other documents as required by the client.