Position Description: The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for developing and executing culinary solutions to meet guest needs and tastes. Offers a wide variety of culinary solutions to meet customer and client needs and tastes. Oversees and manages culinary brigade to meet production, presentation, and service excellence standards. Applies culinary techniques to food preparation and manages the final presentation and service of food.
Scope of Role: The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for oversight of the food operation within the location, reporting to the Executive Chef and/or Hospitality Director.
Key Attributes and Responsibilities:
- Manages the performance, attendance, customer service, appearance and conduct of the culinary brigade
- Focuses on culinary excellence, innovation and the experience for the Food program in order to support operational excellence
- Coach associates by creating shared understanding about what to be achieve and how it is to be achieved
- Ensure food offerings connect to the Harvest Table Culinary Group Core Pillars and Menu Commitments
- Implement and monitor menu and inventory management system including, but not limited to: ensuring cost control and mitigation of loss prevention, completion of weekly inventory audits; maintenance of appropriate inventory levels based on menu needs, etc.
- Be a leader in ensuring excellent quality and presentation of all food to the guests by offering sustainable, responsibly sourced and nutritionally balanced options
- In collaboration with the Culinary/Chef’s Council, develop and implement relevant training to increase knowledge and ability of culinary staff.
- Assist with the development and management of the annual operational budget which includes, the estimation and management of food and labor cost goals
- Maintains food cost at reasonable levels without affecting quality of set standards.
- Monitor and direct the culinary brigade to ensure that recipes and portion standards are followed, and any adjustments made, adhere to Harvest Table Culinary Group standard according to the QA process.
- Participate in the food management process by learning PRIMA to assist with ordering and invoice processing.
- Interaction with the guest by performing weekly table touches to get feedback on food quality, service, and special events utilizing the VOC (Voice of the Consumer) program.
- Full compliance with Operational Excellence fundamentals: managing waste, Pantry list, the recipe collection and ingredients through managing guest driven menus and labor standards
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Ensure compliance with Harvest Table Culinary Group SAFE food, occupational and environmental safety polices in all culinary and kitchen operations.
- Participates in service education through daily pre-shift huddles, menu meetings, and new associate training programs