Hotel General Manager – Ahwahnee Hotel
The Ahwahnee shines as the crown jewel of national park lodges. Located in the heart of Yosemite National Park, The Ahwahnee is known for its stunning interior design and architecture. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Ahwahnee Hotel is a national historic landmark and has been the destination of royalty and presidents alike. This distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance.
The Ahwahnee offers a gift shop with a focus on local artisans, a decadent sweet shop, a comfortable bar, elegant dining hall and a heated outdoor swimming pool.
Responsible for all aspects of operations at the historic, elegant Ahwahnee hotel. The General Manager should be an ambassador and steward for Yosemite National Park and The Ahwahnee. The General Manager will provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction. Work very closely with the National Park Service and other stakeholders.
Key Attributes and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all hospitality team members.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Handling complaints and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotel and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property. Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the reports daily and take decisions accordingly.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment’s and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staff.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with leadership team daily. Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits). Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Manages resources to ensure quality and cost control within budgetary guidelines.
- Implements and maintains Aramark’s agenda for both labor and service Creates value through efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for partners, guests, and associates. Complies with all applicable policies, rules, and regulations, including (but not limited to) those relating to safety, health, and wage and hour practices.