***Retention Bonus Available*** $1250
Job Summary: The Route Sales Representative builds business partnerships with customers and is dedicated to meeting their expectations and requirements. Obtains customer information by engaging in ongoing conversations with key decision makers first hand and utilizes the obtained information to improve the customer product offerings and services. Capitalizes on sales opportunities and focuses on account retention with account ownership mentality. Complies with all DOT requirements while operating company vehicles safely and courteously. Learns the Service STARS culture and utilizes the acquired skills to expand sales within the established customer base and enhance client partnerships. Follows safe work practices and takes responsibility for his/her personal safety and watches out for the safety of others. Uses proper tools/equipment, and adheres to all safe work practices and policies in addition to the client’s safety guidelines. Participates in Safety and Service STARS meetings on a monthly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales and Growth: Meet sales expectations and promote overall route growth, service agreement renewal, and customer retention to enhance the profitability of the market center. Identify opportunities to solicit new business and increase business revenue through selling new items to current customers and obtaining new accounts.
- Service: Establish and maintain effective and respectful relationships with customers and provide outstanding customer service by having an account ownership mentality. Focus on account retention and seek opportunities to improve the account by being the first/primary responder to all customer issues and opportunities. Ensure products are loaded/unloaded in a safe manner, proper items and quantities of merchandise are delivered on their regularly scheduled day, merchandise is stocked, products are rotated, and all equipments are maintained and cleaned.
- Route Based Responsibilities: Operate Company vehicle safely and courteously while following the rules of the road. Verify the daily preventative maintenance of the vehicle and keep the interior of the truck clean, organized, and safely maintained. Comply with all DOT requirements.
- Accountability: Responsible for and respectful of both customer and ARAMARK assets. Install and maintain appropriate inventory levels at customer locations and ensure proper quality and working condition. RSR is responsible for a complete and accurate accounting of all monies and product daily in accordance with established guidelines.
- Communication: Communicate effectively in a variety of settings and styles. Practice attentive and active listening and communicate effectively under adverse conditions through the internal/external communication process. Communicate with the GM, RSM, CSM, and CSA’s regarding customers and reports on pending problems, or on evidence of competitors in customer locations.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonable within the scope of the activities enumerated above.