Job Summary: Assist Grounds Manager in supervision of grounds operations and improvement initiatives including, but not limited to landscape operations, tree and shrub removal, and flowers. May oversee other services such as transportation.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment.
- Plans , directs, and organizes daily activities of the grounds department, and supervises landscaping and grooming of maintainable acreage.
- Generates work orders, organizes, and assigns work to be completed based on established deadlines and safety standards.
- Oversee grounds projects and construction management.
- Plan , develop, and prioritize, and manage efficient and economical grounds maintenance tasks and horticulture programs in accordance with the seasonal calendar and best practices of Sustainable Green and Natural Landscape.
- Inspect and tour acreage to identify areas for maintenance improvement or landscape upgrades.
- Inspects, repairs, and evaluates all equipment associated with the grounds operation.
- Create and develop relationship with client and campus community in conjunction with Facility Director, when applicable.
- Communicate with all levels within the organization and external vendors and contractors.
- Hire, guide, train, and give technical assistance to supervisors and employees engaged in daily grounds projects.
- Adhere to budgetary requirements, including purchase of supplies, tools, equipment, and outside services.
- Maintain campus in compliance with all applicable OSHA, EPA, and other local, state, and federal statues and regulations.