Aramark was ranked number one in its industry in the 2007 FORTUNE 500 survey and has consistently ranked since 1998 as one of the top three in its industry among FORTUNE's "America's Most Admired Companies." Understanding that clinical excellence and the environment are interdependent, Aramark Healthcare makes an impact by helping nearly 1,300 partners across North America deliver the optimal healthcare experience for patients and their families and the physicians and nurses who care for them.
Clinical Dietitian Specialist - CNSC- Carrollton Regional Medical Center
The position requires a Registered Dietitian who concentrates on one aspect in the profession of dietetics, has additional certification, and often has expanded roles beyond Entry-Level practice. The individual plans and administers activities related to resident/patient nutrition care, complying
with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies, and the client. The individual also establishes and leads effective multidisciplinary relationships within their clinical specialty to provide a uniform approach to patient/resident care.
- The main focus of this position is on patient care within Specialty Certification practice area.
- Maintain dietetic registration, state-required credentials and/or licensure, specialty credentials, and continuing education requirements.
- Scope of practice may include In-Patients and/or Out-Patients.
- Manage the development and implementation plan for nutrition intervention in accordance with the Nutrition Care Process.
- Conduct patient nutrition assessment on a population that may include higher overall patient acuity, prioritizing care within the Specialty Certification practice area.
- Assess educational needs and the presence of barriers to learning. Provide nutrition counseling for individuals and groups, taking into consideration any adaptations to teaching methods necessary to meet patient learning needs.
- Utilize assessment & evaluation techniques that take into consideration the various needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Evaluate achievement of learning objectives by the patient and/or family. Provide appropriate follow-ups in accordance with the patient’s treatment goals, referring patients for outpatient counseling, community, or home health services as appropriate.
- Deliver strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal nutrition care and meal service to patients/residents.
- Closely interact with medical staff as well as food & nutrition services staff in order to ensure conformance with prescribed nutrition care orders.
- Partner with medical professionals to meet objectives and to find innovative ways to shorten hospital lengths of stay and to minimize rates of readmission.
- Provide appropriate and timely documentation that summarizes the nutrition care plan in the patient’s medical record, including nutrition assessment, diagnosis, plan, implementation, and progress toward goals.
- Maintain clinical productivity standards and accurate record keeping of daily clinical activities, including information for scheduling and billing.
- Demonstrate accountability for the proper use of patients’ protected health information.
- Build and strengthen client relations through rounding in order to drive patient satisfaction.