About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
Responsible for planning and managing the overall catering functions across multiple units and/or in a high-volume, mega-campus account. Establish and manage marketing, business, and strategic short and long term plans; create, maintain, and strengthen the Higher Education brand and image.
Scope of Role:
Level of impact may cut across several operating units. Operations vary in size, but generally have three or more components and full size kitchens, with multiple satellite points of service.Total managed volume ranges from $3.1M upwardsin a mega account. Generally manages 1–4 managers directly; 6–8 managers indirectly; 20+ hourly, part-time, and student employees indirectly.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Oversee total catering operations to include such duties as booking events, supervising sales / support staff, developing, selecting, and costing menus, pricing, staff selection / development, and departmental administration.
- Oversee all aspects of preparation, service, and cleanup for multiple catering operations.
- Directly and indirectly supervise catering staff with responsibility for hiring, training, discipline, communication, performance management, retention, and administration.
- Establish and implement service and presentation standards for all catering operations; implement processes to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Ensure establishment, communication, and compliance of appropriate sanitation and safety standards.
- Develop components catering forecasts and develops strategies / plans for achieving.
- Develop and implement annual comprehensive marketing plan for catering, including but not limited to collateral and sales strategies and marketing budgets.
- Responsible for component's accounting functions.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive three-year strategic plan for the operation/unit.
- Maintain records to comply with Aramark, government, and accrediting agency standards.
- Interact with Client Management and maintain effective client and customer relations at all levels with client organization.
- Participate in sales process and negotiation of contracts.
- Implement new products and services to support base business growth and client retention.
- Keep abreast of and advises client, customers, and staff on current catering trends and products.