Position Description: The Sous Chef is responsible for developing and executing culinary solutions to meet customer needs and tastes. Offers a wide variety of culinary solutions to meet customer and client needs and tastes. Oversees and manages culinary brigade to meet production, presentation, and service excellence standards. Applies culinary techniques to food preparation and manages the final presentation and service of food.
Scope of Role: The Sous Chef is responsible for managing the kitchen in all aspects; preparation, and cooking of food in the location and is responsible of the food quality produced. All standards for food handling, sanitation, ordering, inventory are a few main duties. This role reports to the Chef de Partie and/or Campus Executive Chef.
Key Attributes and Responsibilities:
- Oversee two sous chef
- Provide guidance and problem solving support as needed
- Meet and/or communicate with client regarding menu offerings to available budget.
- Any changes to menu will be communicated to the client as soon as possible.
- Oversee all aspects of food handling, production, recipe compliance are followed and food meets quality standards.
- Ensure food offerings connect to the Harvest Table Culinary Group Core Pillars and Menu Commitments.
- Track, record and replenish inventory as needed.
- Providing excellent quality and presentation of all food to the guests by offering sustainable, responsibly sourced and nutritionally balanced options
- Establish and maintain a regular maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Responsible for all sanitation standards for kitchen area.
- Maintains food cost at reasonable levels without affecting quality of set standards.
- Full compliance with Operational Excellence fundamentals: managing waste, Pantry list, the recipe collection and ingredients through managing guest driven menus and labor standards
- Ensure compliance with Harvest Table Culinary Group SAFE food, occupational and environmental safety polices in all culinary and kitchen operations