NOTE: This client location requires all individuals working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The QC/Inventory Clerk is responsible for processing accurate and timely transactions and conducting Quality Assurance of inbound/outbound product orders, including Train Provisioning Solution (TPS) services where applicable, while delivering excellent customer service to internal and external Amtrak customers and client partners.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Enter data and process transactions in Warehouse Inventory Management System (WIMS) database.
- Conduct Quality Assurance (QA) verification audits for both inbound and outbound orders, in the commissary (including cooler/freezer), at the Amtrak railyard/train platform, and on board Amtrak trains, effectively communicate and help resolve all discrepancies identified.
- Ensure that the QA Process VPS Tools and Business Process SOPs are in compliance; communicate any deviations immediately to management.
- Assist with problem solving, determining root causes to transactional issues and developing appropriate sustainable solutions.
- May be asked to assist with Centralized Purchasing process as well as executing Warehouse to Warehouse Transfers.
- Maintain files at the location, answer internal and external calls, use electronic equipment such as scanners, tablets, computers, printers, copiers, etc.
- Participate in End of Month (EOM) inventory process and periodic cycle counts as required.
- Utilize various reports (such as Negative Usage) to identify trends and areas for transactional process improvement.
- Prepare communication materials for management and for the hourly staff including, but not limited to: bulletin boards, schedules, memos, etc.
- May operate vehicles such as golf carts and non-DOT trucks/vans (requirement may vary by location). If vehicle operation is required, must meet Aramark’s CMV policy requirements, as well as safely operate vehicles in a manner consistent with safe work procedures and in accordance with operating guidelines.
- Maintain a professional image, including conforming to communicated dress codes and maintaining proper hygiene when reporting to work and performing job duties.
- Perform duties as a member of a team where duties and responsibilities will be shared and adjusted to the client and/or commissary needs.
- Comply with all OSHA Safety and MSDS Standards, and all Company work rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional attitude towards co-workers, management, client employees and visitors to the facility.
- Set high personal standards of performance and accept responsibility and accountability for all actions.
- Other duties as assigned.