Job Summary: Responsible for the supervision, training, and management of the food service operation. Ensure that appropriate quantities of food are prepared and served.
This position is salaried non-exempt which means you will be paid hourly, receive salaried benefits, and have the potential to earn overtime per the site's needs. We are offering a $1000 sign-on bonus for this role!
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Produce and maintain work schedules and may prepare production records.
- Direct daily activities.
- Maintains food production that ensures the safety and quality of food according to policies, procedures, and department requirements.
- Ensure that food items are stored in a safe, organized, and hazard-free environment.
- Maintain all serving schedules; ensure that all food items are served per menu specifications in a safe and appropriate manner according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain a sanitary department following health and safety codes and regulations.
- Maintain accurate inventory on a weekly basis according to departmental policies and procedures.
- May prepare orders as needed per vendor to ensure accurate production for location.
- Must be knowledgeable in operating an efficient cost effective program.
- Supervise and evaluate employees; counsel; promote employee growth, efficiency, morale, and teamwork.
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free working environment.
- Train/mentor other food service workers.
- Maintain logs on all maintenance required on equipment within the food service department.
- Perform preventative maintenance checklist.
- Justify replacement of existing equipment to meet needs of facility.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Food Service Director whenever his/her skill and/or experience would be necessary to initiate, coordinate, or complete any given program.
- Must fill in for absent employees at location as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of daily caterings and see they are prepared and delivered on time.
- Be able to work occasional night and weekend catered events.
- Attend food service meetings with staff.
- Maintain communication with staff (including the central office staff, e-mail, phone calls, inter-office mail, etc).
- May perform cashier duties as required.
- Promote good public relations.
- Other duties as assigned.