Aramark was ranked number one in its industry in the 2007 FORTUNE 500 survey and has consistently ranked since 1998 as one of the top three in its industry among FORTUNE's "America's Most Admired Companies." Understanding that clinical excellence and the environment are interdependent, Aramark Healthcare makes an impact by helping nearly 1,300 partners across North America deliver the optimal healthcare experience for patients and their families and the physicians and nurses who care for them.
Sign On Bonus - $7500
As a Clinical Dietitian you will provide overall nutrition care to patients. You will assure that the nutritional needs of the individual patients are being met and that all documentation as it relates to the patients nutritional status is complete and accurate. Plans and administers activities related to resident/patient nutrition care, complying with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies, and client. Establishes and maintains effective multidisciplinary relationships to provide a unified approach to patient/resident care.
- Position requires an RD who concentrates on Dialysis Nutrition Care and CMS regulatory guidelines and provides support for in-patient acute care.
- This position must be able to perform independently, without direct supervision.
- Participates in Dialysis Quality Assurance - Performance Improvement committee.
- Maintain dietetic registration, state-required credentials and/or licensure and continuing education requirements.
- Conduct patient nutrition assessment on a population of lower acuity patients.
- Scope of practice may include both In-Patients (hospitalized) and Out-Patients (community/clinic-based).
- Manage the development and implementation plan for nutrition intervention in accordance with the Nutrition Care Process.
- Conduct rounding to drive patient satisfaction.
- Assess educational needs and the presence of barriers to learning. Provide nutrition counseling for individuals and groups, taking into consideration any adaptations to teaching methods necessary to meet patient learning needs.
- Utilize assessment and evaluation techniques that consider the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Evaluate achievement of learning objectives by the patient and/or family. Provide appropriate follow-ups in accordance with the patient’s treatment goals, referring patients for outpatient counseling, community, or home health services as appropriate.
- Deliver strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal nutrition care and meal service to patients/residents.
- Work cooperatively with medical staff as well as food & nutrition services staff to assure conformance to prescribed nutrition care orders.
- Provide education that ensures compliance with food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Provide appropriate and timely documentation that summarizes the nutrition care plan in a patient’s medical record, including nutrition assessment, diagnosis, plan, implementation, and progress towards goals.
- Maintain clinical productivity standards and accurate record keeping of daily clinical activities, including information for scheduling and billing.
- Demonstrate accountability for the proper use of patients’ protected health information.