The Regional Executive Chef (REC) for Higher Education West Region will assume the senior culinary leadership position to the West Region and will lead as a strategic partner to the regional team, in implementing and executing programs that are aligned with Higher Education, GOE and regional business initiatives. This position reports directly to the Regional Vice President.
In addition to the regional responsibilities, the REC West will be responsible for developing and driving one centrally led initiative across the Higher Education portfolio. Examples may include standardized menus, productivity initiatives around food and labor or innovation development within F&B.
As a Regional Executive Chef, you will train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities for multiple locations/accounts .
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food
- Select and develop recipes as well as standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards
- Plan and price menus
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance, and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen
- You may cook selected items
- You may oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques
- Directly leads/supports local culinary leaders with additional support for hiring, discipline, performance reviews
Growing the Top Line
- Work with Regional Vice President, DMs, and GMs to establish region development goals, brand roll out targets and design implementation plan utilizing internal/external resources to accomplish stated goals and objectives.
- Develop and or enhance LOB/national and regional concepts in partnership with senior leadership and operational team including Regional Vice President Central, VP Operational Excellence, DM, GM etc.
- Assist the Business Development team in the development of sales proposals and presentations.
- Assist in strategic planning to retain at risk accounts.
- Consult with I&A, ARAMARK Innovation Center (AIC) when applicable in the creation and development of on trend food concepts.
- Partnership with I&A team, AIC, Regional Vice President Central, VP Operational Excellence, DM, GM etc.to organize and implement concepts throughout LOB operations.
- Assist operational team as needed in organizing an operational plan for special or high profile events support menu development, culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques.
Capturing Productivity for Growth
Primary liaison between Higher Education business unit and our culinary teams focused on driving key initiatives in cost and productivity, compliance and standards within the following areas:
- Food management process: master the menu, perfect purchasing, power up production and wipe out waste
- Labor management process: smart scheduling, handle on headcount, wages that work and tackle turnover
- Support all food and labor (with respect to culinary areas) related standardization and compliance initiatives from the GOE
- Ensures proper workplace safety, food safety; HACCP and sanitation programs are in place and are regularly monitored across LOB.
- Drive the culinary implementation, training, monitoring/measuring and progress communication of the Higher Education Executional Excellence platform(s).
- Drive the execution, management and communication of specified product and authorized vendor compliance.
- Collaborate with the field and other business units to ensure best practices are identified and implemented.
- Partner with Chefs and GM’s to develop, review and approve concession and premium Food and Beverage menus based on menu schedule cycle
Leading Our People
- Responsible for culinary and talent development Executive and District Executive Chef levels.
- Supports the hiring process and development of the Executive and District Chefs.
- Partner with the Executive and District Chefs performance management process, performance objectives and the quarterly talent review development and assessment for the chef’s respective teams.
- Assume oversight for the development and execution of targeted culinary programs, events, reward and recognition programs.
- Support culinary skills training programs.
- Support culinary team and bench strength development initiative.
Delivering Financial Commitments
- Drive growth and productivity initiatives as they align to Higher Education and West Region financial commitments.