Job Summary: The Catering Supervisor is responsible for supervision and support in planning catering events of varying sizes and levels in both central and satellite locations. Ensures that all catering brand standards and initiatives are consistently achieved.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develops and is accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt. Directly supervises catering operations including such duties as coordination of staff and rental equipment, set-up, preparation, service, and break down of catered foods, beverages, and events of varying size and complexity.
- Booking of events, selecting and costing menu items, and pricing as needed.
- Assists with hiring, discipline, and performance reviews.
- Coordinates activities with other internal departments. Participates in management team meetings. Interfaces with vendors and key service users within client organization.
- Facilitate external customer relations; represents Aramark and the client at any and all meetings and events.
- Ensures that appropriate sanitation, organization, and safety standards are met through the use of checklists, hands-on supervision, and follow-up.
- Participates in all catering training programs; helps to develop and implement training programs for hourly, part-time, and student employees.
- Aid in implementation and adherence to all Aramark OpX Catering initiatives and guidelines.